Fraud Victim Demands Proper Police Investigations



Leave a comment

A victim of alleged fraud, Ikeogu Oke has called on the Nigeria Police Force to properly investigate the ‎alleged fraudulent purchase of some shops for him in Garki market by one Princess Monica Uche Ottah, which turned out to be fake as he can neither have access to the shops nor have his money back
.
Part of the statement signed by Oke, read that “In the public interest and to avoid the risk of jeopardising its integrity, I am constrained to request the Nigerian Police Force to ensure proper investigation of my case alleging fraud and other criminal acts against one Princess Monica (Uche) Ottah (alias Ikodiya Uche).
“I had sent a petition entitled ‘A Report of a Case of Fraud, Forgery, Impersonation and Obtaining under False Pretext against Princes Monica Uche Ottah formerly Resident at Plot 1143, Utako District, Abuja’ to the Inspector General of Police dated September 29, 2015. The Inspector General of Police later endorsed the petition for investigation by the relevant police authorities. The police arrested the suspect at her residence at No. 2261 Stella Maris Road, Life Camp, Abuja, on May 26, 2016, after an eight-month hunt and surveillance.
“In the petition, I alleged in sum that she proposed to sell some ‘lock up shops’ to me at Garki Model Market, Abuja. I trusted her, believing she was acting in my interest as a family friend, and paid her for the so-called ‘shops’ before seeing them. I then discovered through a proxy she introduced to me as an artisan, one Sunday D. Okoro, whom I now believe was her accomplice, that what she sold to me could not pass for ‘shops’ let alone ‘lock up shops’ by any stretch of the imagination. Also, that she had set up the transaction with forged and fraudulently obtained documents which invalidated my lawful claim to them.
“The market authorities later told me the transaction was invalid since it did not follow their laid down rules for the sale or transfer of the items, which they identified as ‘informal sector stalls’ and not ‘shops’ or ‘lock up shops’. Subsequently, they have reallocated the items to other individuals, explaining that they could not contact me before doing so because by name was not in their list of stall owners apparently due to the illegality of the sale. As it is, I do not have what she sold to me or my money. And she rebuffed my efforts for an amicable settlement, hence my having to petition the Inspector General of Police.
“I also have evidence that one Charity G. Nwate, the purported donor of one of the so-called ‘shops’ and the signatory of one of the Powers of Attorney she used for their sale, has made a statement to the police inter alia, ‘…I did not sign any power of attorney. The signature on the power of attorney is not my own…”

Leadership

    Comments