Conspiracy: How We Diverted N20.7m Truck Load Of Tyres – Suspects


Police operatives attached to the Lagos State police command are investigating how five suspects diverted N20.7m truck load of tyres.
The suspects paraded yesterday by the police command have however confessed to journalists how they carried out the operation that landed then in police cell.
The suspects, John Francis who used the name Daniel Bello, Monday Eloanya, Charles Chinonso, and John Micheal claimed that they were first offenders.
Police said Eloanya is a convict who was recently released from prison and went back into crime.
Eloanya confessed that he committed a crime of conspiracy and armed robbery in 2010 but was released from prison.
.
He said he became blind in 2012 and is still incapacitated because of it.
He said one suspect at large identified simply as John Michael lured him into the diverting business that put him in trouble now.
‘‘It was one John that lured me into this illegal business. He said I should be involved so that I would get money to cure my blindness. I became blind in 2012.. It was the prison where I was in jail that caused it. I was involved in the ‘waybill’ of the goods. I’m a trailer driver before I became blind.
‘‘John Micheal called me to help him get somebody that would buy the market.So I contacted Peter who is a soldier.
“He said Uche and I should load the truck. Uche sent Peter to call me. He said I should meet him at Berger Suya, along Oshodi- Apapa expressway. He said I should take over the truck and drive it to Onitsha but I should stop at Shagamu and pick the owner of the goods. He said he would pay me N150, 000. The contents of the vehicle were new tyres.”
He lamented:“I have never done such illegal business before. This is my first time. The person who planned it has ran away.’’
Leadership

Comments