CRIME NEWS

Adube’s widows seek justice over gruesome murder of APC chieftain, children, others

 
Widows of Christopher Adube, slain chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Rivers state, Patience and Precious Adube, have called on the federal government to do everything within its powers to bring the killers of their husband, children and others who were gruesomely murdered by unknown persons.
The late Adube and five other people were gruesomely killed in Obrikom be­fore the last governorship election in the state.
The widows of the APC chieftain stated this on Friday at Obrikom in Ogba/Eg­bema/Ndoni local government area of the state at the funeral of the late politician.
Patience, the first wife of the late Adube who recounted her experience in the hands of her husband’s killers confirmed that the killers numbering six stormed their residence and killed her husband and their children.
According to her, “when they came in I started shouting blood of Jesus and they asked me to lie down and ransacked my room and later went to the next room. When they went to the next room I ran to the toilet and saw my mate’s son killed already. I left there and ran to my hus­band’s office in the same house and I saw four dead bodies, my husband, two of my mate’s children and her brother-in-law. They also killed our driver at the gate,” she explained.
Corroborating her mate’s testimony, Mrs. Precious Adube, second wife to the deceased said “On that Friday evening when I came back from church I served my husband’s food and went to see my four grand children within the neighbor­hood. When I returned to the house I saw dead bodies all over the house. My hus­band and my three graduate children were killed. They also set my kitchen and prop­erty on fire. They killed one of my chil­dren naked when he was taking his bath,’’ she wept.
Also confirming the deadly attack un­leashed on his family members, Paul Adube, last son of late Chief Adube said, though they shot him and his sister, they were lucky to have survived .
“My sister and I were discussing by our car when we came back from church, sud­denly political tugs stormed the compound and killed my dad and my three siblings, including our driver and my uncle. They shot me at my spinal cord and the doctor said I must undergo an operation to walk again’’, he said.
Also speaking during the funeral the gubernatorial candidate of the All Pro­gressive Congress (APC) in Rivers state, Dr. Dakuku Adol Peterside said that all those involved in the brutal killing of late Chief Christopher Adube, his three sons, his in-law including his driver will face the wrath of God.
According to him, “To say today is a sad day is an understatement. As I saw the lifeless body of Chief Adube it dawned on me that people don’t place much value on life. I don’t know why anybody would choose to do this to him (Adube). I don’t know why anybody on earth would choose to do this to a peaceful man, very principled man who respected both the young and old. Though, he held tenacious­ly to his principles but look at how he was murdered in cold blood by the forces of darkness and they think they have triumph over him and the principles he stood for? I know that Chief Adube will not pay this supreme price for nothing,” he said.
[SunNews]

Comments