Crime News



Man divorces wife for mixing pepper with  his snuff

A 47 year old man, Mr Chukwudi Ibe (Not real name) drags his wife of Aduke Johnson 53(real name withheld)  to the Police Station for them to assist him in putting an to the 15 years old unlawful union. According to Mr Ibe, the wife who has no children for him after fifteen years of living together keeps so many men outside and has tried to kill him more than twice, despite the fact that he was the one who trained all her children of another man.
 He narrated to the Police at Dopemu Divisional Headquarters-Agege Lagos on how the wife even though he had not paid a kobo on her head deprived him of marrying another wife or raising his own children. He said the wife has bluntly refused to have children for him and even tried to kill a woman they married for him in the village and the new wife has to run for her dear life. Concerning the threat to his life, Mr Ibe gave weird but humorous details on how his wife tried to kill him by stuffing blended   pepper in his snuffbox, “On that fateful day, I came back from work in the evening after eating, I took my bath, had a little snuff from my snuffbox. I had purchased the snuff that afternoon on my way from work with one Mama-Ibeji  who sell petty wares along my street and the snuff was very nice and I enjoyed it, then I laid  down to sleep.  I woke up happily expecting to snuff in peace, unknown to me the enemy who calls herself wife have come while I slept and thrown my snuff away and stuffed pepper inside my snuffbox. As I tried the snuff, the thing entered my brain and I almost died, I tried calling for help only to discover that this wicked woman had locked me inside and went out with the key.  It was just God that saved me that day I would have been a forgotten story by now. I brought my people to settle the matter and they told her to apologize to me but till today she has not done so. Now just today I found a dagger tied with red cloth in her wardrobe, and a small clay-pot filled with whatever. Please, please, make una help me to dissolve this marriage, this woman senior me, she no gree me to marry another wife to born my own children and she no gree born for me, na me train all her children.”
The woman in the mist of the whole brouhaha was busy munching away on her popcorn (which pack  she held tightly to her chest) as if her life depended on it, she did not even blink a second to all what the husband was saying. But quickly said “thank you sir” to the Police Officer when called upon her to narrate her own part of the story, so she began, “Yes sir, I put pepper inside his snuff because he loves snuff too much even more than sex or food self, I tried everything to make him stop putting snuff but e no dey hear, how can anyone be putting snuff like that, he want kill himself? That is why I put the pepper, so that he can stop and when I hear say the thing almost kill him I apologized to the brothers wey come. As for the dagger, I use it for my own problem wey dey worry me for chest, its not for him, its my medicine for my own health and he knows the thing wey they worry me for chest .He say na me drive the second wife, tufia kua! He is lying ni-o, it’s a lie ni oooo! Heeeee! Even self Na me even give am money to take marry that girl, the girl say e no like Lagos, she go back to village wetin concern me for that? That one that is saying that I should go, I cannot go like that oo, let him go and rent my own house for me and I will go, he never pay any dowry for my head and so he cannot use me and dump me, no ooo, Iro ni, mi kpa.(it’s a lie, I can’t take it) she concluded.  The man was advised to seek a court intervention as it was a civil matter.     

Comments